- Sanford Health Plan is the carrier for this plan. Visit their online portal here: Sanford Health Plan.
- Permanent state employees, university system employees and district health unit employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Temporary employees and employees of political subdivisions are not eligible to participate in the HDHP/HSA.
- The HDHP/HSA option has higher annual deductibles and larger out-of-pocket costs for medical services. However, the higher initial out-of-pocket costs are partially offset by an employer contribution to an HSA created in the member’s name.
- Initial enrollment period is within 31 days of employment into an eligible position or within 31 days of a qualifying event.
- NDPERS conducts an Annual Enrollment in the fall each year with coverage effective January 1 of the following year.
Carrier Contact Information Forms
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Learn more about HSA
- Current HSA Participants: Log in to manage your HSA online
Other Health Insurance Benefits
These additional programs are available to you. Click on each of the images below for more information.
The Healthy Pregnancy Program is a free offering brought to you by Sanford Health Plan. Simply sign up between your 8th and 34th week of pregnancy and you’ll receive a number of benefits
NDPERS is pleased to offer a Diabetes Management program provided by pharmacists in the About the Patient program.
The NDPERS Dakota Wellness Program $250 Benefit is available to all eligible members and their covered spouses participating in the NDPERS group health insurance plan.
NDQuits reduces the harms of nicotine addiction by helping North Dakotans quit. Anyone in North Dakota can call NDQuits.
- Understanding Your Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- What Services Require Pre-authorization/Prior Approval
- Reference Material
- What is the Medication Delivered at Home service?
- OptumRx prescription mail-in order form
- Using the OptumRx mobile app
- Pay for the medication, not the name
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- HDHP Certificate of Insurance
- HDHP Certificate of Insurance - 2022 Amendment
- HDHP Overview of Benefits & Services
- HDHP Pharmacy Handbook
- HDHP Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- PPO/Basic Grandfathered and HDHP Comparison
- Continuation of Insurance Coverage - COBRA Notice
- Creditable Coverage Notice for Medicare Eligible Active Members