- RHIC is an additional retirement benefit sponsored by your employer if you participate in any of the following retirement plans:
- Defined Benefit (Main) Hybrid – must be hired before January 1, 2020
- Public Safety
- Highway Patrol
- Defined Contribution - must be hired before January 1, 2020
- You earn $5 in monthly credit for each year you are employed and receiving eligible service credit. However, if you retire early, your credit will be actuarially reduced.
- Once you begin receiving your retirement payment, at least annually, your RHIC amount may be reimbursed for eligible after-tax monthly insurance premiums.
- Those contributing to TIAA with the North Dakota State University System or the Teachers Fund for Retirement (TFFR) do not have RHIC associated with their retirement plans.