PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Plan - Only for employees of Mercer County and Ward County
- Sanford Health Plan is the carrier for this plan. Visit their online portal here: Sanford Health Plan.
- Eligible employees are those employed by a participating employer (Mercer County and Ward County) who are at least 18 years of age, work at least 20 hours per week for 20 or more weeks per year, and whose positions are regularly funded and not of limited duration (i.e., permanent).
- Temporary employees may be eligible to participate as well, however, their employer will determine eligibility.
- Initial enrollment period is within 31 days of employment into an eligible position or within 31 days of a qualifying event.
- NDPERS conducts an Annual Enrollment in the fall each year with coverage effective January 1 of the following year.
Carrier Contact Information Forms
Other Health Insurance Benefits
These additional programs are available to you. Click on each of the images below for more information.
The Healthy Pregnancy Program is a free offering brought to you by Sanford Health Plan. Simply sign up between your 8th and 34th week of pregnancy and you’ll receive a number of benefits
NDPERS is pleased to offer a Diabetes Management program provided by pharmacists in the About the Patient program.
The NDPERS Dakota Wellness Program $250 Benefit is available to all eligible members and their covered spouses participating in the NDPERS group health insurance plan.
NDQuits reduces the harms of nicotine addiction by helping North Dakotans quit. Anyone in North Dakota can call NDQuits.
- Understanding Your Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- What Services Require Pre-authorization/Prior Approval
- Reference Material
- What is the Medication Delivered at Home service?
- OptumRx prescription mail-in order form
- Using the OptumRx mobile app
- Pay for the medication, not the name
- HIPAA Privacy notice
- PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Certificate of Insurance
- PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Certificate of Insurance - 2022 Amendment
- PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Overview of Benefits & Services
- PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Pharmacy Handbook
- PPO/Basic Non-Grandfathered Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Continuation of Insurance Coverage - COBRA Notice
- Creditable Coverage Notice for Medicare Eligible Active Members