- Sanford health Plan is the carrier for this plan. Visit their online portal here: Sanford Health Plan.
- A retiree must be receiving a retirement allowance from an eligible plan and must apply within 31 days of a qualifying event.
- The plan may be available to retirees prior to Medicare eligibility. However, this eligibility is determined based upon when the retiree began receiving retirement benefits from an eligible retirement plan.
- A retiree who began receiving benefits prior to July 1, 2015 may continue coverage on the Dakota Plan following the expiration of COBRA. This coverage may continue until the retiree or their covered spouse becomes eligible for Medicare, at which time the Medicare eligible individual will be able to enroll in the Dakota Retiree Plan.
- A retiree continuing coverage from active employment in the Dakota Plan can continue coverage for 18 months of COBRA. After COBRA ends, if the retiree received their first retirement payment on or after July 1, 2015 and the retiree or their covered spouse is not eligible for Medicare, the retiree will need to find coverage outside of NDPERS until they or their spouse are Medicare eligible.
- Rates are based on COBRA eligibility, the number of dependents on the contract and when application for coverage is submitted to NDPERS.
Other Health Insurance Benefits
These additional programs are available to you. Click on each of the images below for more information.
The Healthy Pregnancy Program is a free offering brought to you by Sanford Health Plan. Simply sign up between your 8th and 34th week of pregnancy and you’ll receive a number of benefits
- Understanding Your Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- What is the Medication Delivered at Home service?
- OptumRx prescription mail-in order form
- Using the OptumRx mobile app
- Pay for the medication, not the name
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- PPO/Basic Grandfathered Certificate of Insurance – Dakota Plan
- PPO/Basic Grandfathered Overview of Benefits & Services
- PPO/Basic Grandfathered Pharmacy Handbook
- PPO/Basic Grandfathered Summary of Benefits & Coverage