The employer based wellness program allows participating employers to receive a 1% health insurance premium discount for promoting wellness initiatives for their employees at their worksite.
Organizations have the opportunity to enroll in the program on an annual basis. Use the Application Timeline for a breakdown of important dates. The wellness plan year is from July 1 to June 30.
Our goals for the program are to:
- have 100% of our employers supporting a wellness message at their worksite
- have our members get a greater understanding of wellness
- create a better quality of life for our membership
The program is given its authority in NDCC 54-52.1-14.
Employers electing to enroll in the program must:
- Submit the Employer based Wellness Program Commitment Agreement SFN 58643
- Appoint a Wellness Coordinator
- Wellness Coordinator attend or view or attend the Wellness Coordinator Summer Workshop or a ND Worksite Wellness Training
- Distribute communication materials to employer’s employees on a monthly basis and promote the PERS Tobacco Cessation Program (state agencies only)
- Develop & submit Wellness Program annually through the Employer Based Wellness Discount Application SFN 58436 & Wellness Benefit Funding Program Application SFN 58361
- Implement Wellness Program during plan year
- Report at plan year-end the results of wellness activities using Wellness Program Year-End Program/Activity Confirmation SFN 58437
For an employer’s wellness program to be approved for the 1% premium discount, a point system has been developed. An employer must obtain 5 points to qualify. The 5 points are obtained based on the types of activities being promoted as follows:
1 point (mandatory) – submission of Commitment Agreement SFN 58643, appointment of wellness coordinator and attendance at the Summer Wellness Coordinator Workshop or ND Worksite Wellness Training
Remaining Points are through Program Activities:
- One Day Program = 1 point
- Multi-Day Program = 2 points
- Comprehensive Wellness Plan = 4 points
Other Wellness Resources for Employers
Newsletters, webinars and additional wellness resources are available for employers to assist them in implementing a wellness program.
Funding is available through the Wellness Benefit Funding Program to help offset the cost of eligible programs.