- NDPERS must approve the distribution of a member’s retirement benefits due to a divorce. Refer to the Release of Information – Legal Representation for disclosure of specific information relating to your divorce.
- Please alert NDPERS staff so the order can be provided in the proper format. Your attorney should contact NDPERS to obtain a copy of the NDPERS QDRO Model prior to compiling a domestic relations order.
- Domestic relations order must be deemed in compliance and qualified by NDPERS in accordance with North Dakota Century Code 54-52.2-03.3 (NDPERS) and North Dakota Administrative Code Chapter 71-04-08.
- Notify your provider representative to update your beneficiary(ies).
- To update your marital status and contact information, log in to your PERSLink Member Self Service (MSS) account online or complete the Notice of Change.