- The Portability Enhancement Provision (PEP) allows you to “vest” in the monthly employer contributions to the Defined Benefit Plan (excluding Judges and Highway Patrol plans). To learn more about PEP, watch the video on this page.
- How do you get started? First, start saving in the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan. If your employer has an approved Other 457/403b plan, this may qualify for vesting purposes.
- In one simple step, you have a twofold benefit for retirement savings
- your own 457 Deferred Compensation account and
- your NDPERS Defined Benefit Plan account balance accumulates with additional employer contributions.
- The vesting schedule for PEP contributions is based upon your existing service credit in the retirement program and the amount you defer into an approved 457 Deferred Compensation Program.
- If you do not participate in a 457 Deferred Compensation, you forfeit vesting in the employer contributions.