- NDPERS must approve the distribution of a member’s retirement benefits due to a divorce. Refer to the Release of Information – Legal Representation for disclosure of specific information relating to your divorce.
- Your attorney should contact NDPERS to obtain a copy of the NDPERS QDRO Model prior to compiling a domestic relations order.
- Domestic relations order must be deemed in compliance and qualified by NDPERS in accordance with North Dakota Century Code 54-52-17.6 (NDPERS) and 39-03.1-14.2 (NDHPRS), North Dakota Administrative Code Chapter 71-02-10 (NDPERS) and 71-05-08 (NDHPRS).
- Although domestic relations orders may be entered and approved prior to a member’s retirement or termination, no benefit can be paid out until the member’s account is in pay status or the member is eligible for early retirement.
- It is important to update your beneficiary designation, address, and phone number. To make changes, log in to your PERSLink Member Self Service (MSS) account online or complete the forms below.