NDPERS offers different training opportunities to our participating employers and members. You can use the calendar of events to learn about the next opportunity to attend one of these events. You may need to schedule a personal appointment with NDPERS to address your individual situation.
Training for Active Members
- Pre-Retirement Education Program (PREP): This special event is tailored to employees thinking of retiring within the next 5 years.
- Financial Essentials Workshop (FEW): This opportunity is designed to help employees integrate financial planning into their everyday life.
Use this table to learn the differences between these two events. Additionally, you may choose to watch the recorded presentations.
Financial Essentials Workshop (FEW)
Duration: 4 hours
Ideal for new hires and other active employees interested in maximizing NDPERS benefits for future financial planning success.
- Financial planning as an active employee
- Service purchases
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Portability Enhancement Provision (PEP)
- College Save Plans
General overview of NDPERS programs available to assist you in planning and budgeting to meet your long-term financial planning goals.
Pre-Retirement Education Program (PREP)
Duration: 8 hours
Ideal for individuals interested in retiring in the next 5 years and are seeking information on retirement planning.
- NDPERS retirement benefits
- Retiree insurance plan options
- Legal estate planning
- Retiree Health Insurance Credit (RHIC)
- Social Security
General overview of NDPERS benefits and options available at retirement.
Training for Employers
- Employers can request on-site training by completing a Meeting Request and Registration Form SFN 53176.
- New authorized agents or existing agents interested in a refresher on ESS or the benefits plan offered by NDPERS can sign up in a few easy steps.